Why Choose Authentic Montessori Academy’s Summer Discovery Camp?
Our camp is both fun and educational!
Campers age 18 months to 6 years old will enjoy a fun-filled summer with exciting games, sports, water play, arts and crafts, and much, much more. Children complete a theme related project or experience a theme related activity each day.
Our weekly themes make camp fun, assist in the social development, help children retain knowledge acquired and prepare children for the new academic year ahead.
What makes us unique is our warm and home-like atmosphere in which children feel comfortable and safe. Our facility provides the ideal environment to enhance a child’s natural, social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
Montessori Casa is a home away from home where independence is realized, self-esteem is developed and academic skills are acquired.
Our school is born from our passion for providing a high quality, truly authentic Montessori program for families in Whitby and the surrounding area.
Space is limited so please contact us to reserve a spot today!
Camp registration must be accompanied by a non-refundable deposit of $50.
Weekly themes include:
- Moovin’ and Groovin’ Monday -music makers and the Munchkin Dance Craze
- Musical Monday – Songwriting and karaoke
- Medieval Monday – Knights and Princesses
- Tie Dye Tuesday – always a big hit!
- Tasteful Tuesday – cooking or baking
- Community Talk Tuesday – Guests include a firefighter, police officer, dentist, nurse
- Water-play Wednesday – water wall, bubble storm, our own crafted sprinkler
- Wacky Wednesday – dress up days
- Weather Wednesday – weather related science experiment
- Watch me grow Wednesday – Horticulture
- Green Thumb Thursday – colour changing carnations
- Thirsty Thursday – making lemonade and orange juice
- Throwback Thursday – making a collage with family photos
- Fiesta Friday – make your own piñata
- Friendship Friday – crafting friendship bracelets
- Fitness Friday – mastering challenging obstacle courses